Today I will be talking about lipsticks! I only have 9 right now, but I think I have bought three in three weeks (might buy another one next week to make it an even ten, 9 doesn't sit right with me ;D ). My main love at the moment is MUA lipsticks!! I love MUA (Make Up Academy) stuff, and I said to myself one day, Kitty, you are gonna collect everything MUA that you will use!! SO I started with the lipsticks, of which I now own four!! Here is a picture of all my lipsticks firstly:
| MUA lipsticks on the left, NYC lipstick in the middle, Avon lipsticks then Clinque lipsticks |
| MUA Lipstick Shade 2 |
Consistency: Creamy and feels moisturising but not sure if it is. It doesn't dry out my lips though
Colour: Plummy pink
Smell: Like all MUA lipsticks, it smells surprisingly nice. A almost sweet vanilla smell.
Taste: Haven't noticed a particular strong taste or bad taste
Longevity: Last quite a while, but after eating or drinking can fade.
Price: £1!!
Where to buy?: I buy mine from Superdrugs
Rating: 4/5 I give it this score as the only thing is it doesn't last as long as I like but apart from that its brilliant value for money!! Credit crunch make up!!
| MUA Lipstick Shade 6 |
Consistency: creamy and non drying
Colour: Light nudey pink
Smell: MUA's sweet vanilla smell
Taste: no specific strong taste
Longevity: not too bad, but not brilliant
Price: £1
Where to buy?: Superdrugs
Rating: 4/5 I love this colour to whack on when I am wearing intense eyes, as its a lovely nude colour, like my lips but better!! Its ever so slightly shimmery but not major. Brilliant value
| MUA Lipstick Shade 8 |
Consistency: creamy and non drying
Colour: darkish red with a shimmer
Smell: sweet vanilla
Taste: no strong taste
Longevity: don't know yet!!
Price: £1
Where to buy?: Superdrugs
Rating: can't really rate this one yet as I haven't worn it!!
| MUA Lipstick Shade 12 |
Consistency: cream and non drying
Colour: brightish pink with sparkly bits
Smell: sweet vanilla
Taste: no strong taste
Longevity: decent enough for its price
Price: £1
Where to buy?: Superdrugs
Rating: 4/5 Again, the only reason the MUA lipsticks arn't perfect is their longevity!!
| NYC Lipstick in 405B Blue Rose |
Consistency: creamy but a bit drying
Colour: bright pink with blue undertones
Smell: slight lipstick smell (do you know what I mean by lipstick smell?)
Taste: no particular taste
Longevity: I was amazed by the longevity of this lipstick. It keeps on going for ages and ages, and I talk and eat a lot!!
Price: £1.99
Where to buy?: Superdrugs
Rating: 4/5 The only problem is its a bit drying on my lips but apart from that its great value for money!!
| Avon Lipstick in Vintage Pink |
Consistency: its quite a hard lipstick but goes on nicely
Colour: I can only describe it as a nude red. It is a pinky red but not too intense, but it looks good!
Smell: I always thought it smelt lovely, like parma violets!!
Taste: don't taste of anything
Longevity: lasts a very long time but fades after too much drinking and eating
Price: £6.50
Where to buy?: From an Avon representative or the website (see below)
Rating: 4/5 is a good lipstick, but can get a similar performing lipstick for cheaper
| Avon Lipstick in Frozen Rose |
Consistency: smooth not too creamy
Colour: a light pinky shade with golden undertones
Smell: smells a bit sweet but with a tiny sawdust smell
Taste: no strong taste
Longevity: lasts okay but does fade after eating and drinking
Price: not sure as no longer sold
Where to buy?: no longer avaliable
Rating: I give this a 3/5 as it was probably expensive but doesnt last long and has a slight bad smell
| Clinique Different Lipstick in Rose Taffy |
Consistency: creamy but ever so slightly greasy
Colour: nudey rose pink colour with shimmers
Smell: classic lipstick smell
Taste: tiny bit of a taste but unnoticeable mostly
Longevity: lasts as long as you expect it too, very good longevity!
Price: £14.50
Where to buy?: Debenhams and online
Rating: 4/5 I don't like the lipstick smell and the slight greasyness but apart from that you DO get what you pay for in longevity and colour!!
| GOSH Soft'n Shine lipbalm in Perfect Plum 34 |
Consistency: creamy and greasy due to the moisturising
Colour: lovely plum colour
Smell: it smells like the lovely sweet tic tac smell :D
Taste: tastes a bit like tic tacs too mmmmmm
Longevity: lasts quite long despite it being greasy but does get wiped off by food
Price: I think I bought mine on offer for £6.50 but its around that price if not it
Where to buy?: Superdrugs
Rating: 4/5 If it lasted long too it would be perfect!
So this quick blog post on lipsticks turned into a very long blog post xD Appreciate it :P I am off to get a bath!! I will answer all comments over the weekend, I promise <3
Kitty xoxox~<3
All websites:
http://www.superdrug.com/
http://www.goshcosmetics.com/
http://www.clinique.co.uk/
http://www.avon.uk.com/PRSuite/home_page.page
http://www.newyorkcolor.com/
Vintage Pink looks so lovely =D
ReplyDeletebut I know Rimmel has a lipstick's color called Vintage Pink too (coincident?)
Oh I love the MUA lipsticks, and for 1pound it couldn't get more right :D I wish we have something that cheap here for lipstick...I love all the pinks :D I need some more pinks in my collection!! :D Oh my fave lipstick now is NYX coz it's so creamy and some red lipsticks ^__^
ReplyDeleteLoving them all :D Great shades!
ReplyDeletethe shade 6 looks like a nice color! A swatch would have been a great idea nest time :D You have great taste! Love the colour choice and that is freaking cheap!!!
ReplyDeleteI always like looking at all the colors, when I go to stores. I'll look and look, but I never buy! D:
ReplyDeleteI once saw a lipstick where it was a swirl of light pink and berry! It came out to a very nice shade actually! ^-^
The price is pretty cheap for those lippies!! nice colors you picked out too. have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love lipsticks, these colors all look so great!
ReplyDelete