Today, I had to go to North London for a family get together, as it was my Step-Grandfathers 80th birthday!! I don't mind going there as much as I used too (maybe I am growing up LE GASP), it probably helped I was in good spirits today!! I met a lovely old lady I hadn't seen before, called Moira, whose parents were Irish but she was born in Yorkshire! I love talking to elderly people, I find their stories fascinating (I am weird like that) because you are learning about a different era! I wish I was born in the 50s sometimes :( THE CLOTHES!!
Anyways, I always try and look nice when I go up there, so I put on one of my favourite longer dresses:
I love this dress, I got it in a sale at Peacocks!! Not too sure where the jacket is from (for one who goes shopping a lot of the stuff I wear can be a few seasons old!) and the shoes are from Dorothy Perkins! My favourite shoes to wear at the moment as they are SO COMFY and high, perfect for a little short person like me! (5 Foot 3 inches, I am a tall short person)
I just adore how pretty that necklace my mum picked out is, might become my fast favourite for a while!! I could stare at it all night, even the photo! But I won't, I have a blog to write!! I decided to match the earrings and the bracelet to the pearl like beads round the necklace, I think it matches pretty well!!
You can see the colour of this coat better in this picture! I love it so much, its just the right length for me and its soooo pretty and fitted in the right places!! I adore it!! Pink is definately invading my wardrobe at the moment! Remember my pink Winter Yumi coat?! Now I have a S/S one to match! (kinda, the Yumi one is even more girly and pink, but twice the price ;) )
The journey from Hampshire to North London is a long one and we are often bound to run into traffic:
![]() |
| Le traffic |
You can tell I was bored (and very hungry) as I took this photo of a lovely sign I was staring at for ages
I couldn't read my book as my migraine that nearly killed me on Friday is still lurking vaguely in the form of pressure on my brain, so it hurt to read :( Sad times
The most interesting thing on the journey back was seeing a magpie attacking a buzzard, maybe trying to get its food? That magpie was either mightily brave or mightily stupid!! Shame I couldn't get a picture :(
Anyways, thats it for tonight folks, enjoy your bank holiday (if you are in England) or enjoy your Monday (if thats even possible)
Stay beautiful!
Kitty xoxox~<3








I used to work in a holiday camp for old people and they always have so much to talk about and so many stories to tell!
ReplyDeleteLovely dress and necklace!
ReplyDeletelovely outfit.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh that sailor coat looks AMAZING!!!!!! I love your pretty girly outfit and those booties are too cute :D :D
ReplyDeleteI love hearing old peoples stories too, I am constantly asking my grandparents about their childhood and youth because I find it all so interesting.
Thank you for your lovely comment, I'm so glad you are back to regular blogging because I've missed reading your cheery bubbly posts so much :)
I know what you mean... I kinda wanna volunteer in an old folks home.
ReplyDeleteLooking gorgeous as ever!
Gorgeous outfit, I love the dress.
ReplyDeleteAwwh cute necklace!
ReplyDeleteIt's Tuesday morning here now! sigh* And I adore that outfit, the dress, the coat, the shoes...I want it all!! XD and the necklace your mum picked out is gorgeous :D I could stare at if for hours on end too!! You look lovely :) and sorry about the migraine. I get motion sickness in cars or moving vehicles so no reading for me too :-/
ReplyDeletex0x0
lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com