Thursday, 3 February 2011

Frugal February!

In the blogging sphere, some times bloggers join together to achieve one challenge!! Frugal February is one of these brilliant times, a most excellent idea by the wonderful Gemma at Big Girls Browse!
I vow, for one month from 1st Feb, to avoid shopping for anything other than essentials
The rules are really that strict, depending on your will power of course!! Which mine is like this:
Not buying anything for an entire month, even if that means for 28 days online, the shortest month of the year, is insane!! I LOVE TO SHOP. But I will persevere!! Mind you I think the main thing I will miss is my monthly magazines, like Company and Cosmo but luckily my mum gets Glamour magazine so I can pinch that at least. And my quest for matching PJs and underwear will have to wait till March. Luckily I don't get much money till the 22nd of February so I should be able to achieve it! And no matter how tempting it may be, no sweets and treats!! It shall be a month of minimum spending for me! Three days in and I am doing well, despite temptations, so hopefully I might of even saved money by March!

If you want to find out more (I encourage to to join and test yourself!!) see here for the rules and so forth!
You will see my name on the list :D I hope I can achieve this!! I will be partaking in other challenges too so keep an eye out for that!

Kitty xoxox~<3

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with being frugal! :D

    wwww.foreversweet89.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck :) I can't believe how difficult I'm finding it already, its only day 3 :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that’s hard... although I am so poor that i has become easy for me. but the desire is still there! haha..

    good luck ^^

    xoxo hitomineko xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not shopping for a whole month!? SAY WAHHH!? That is an absolute no no!!! You should totally dare someone to do this too!!! LOL (Hint: Not me... Though, I don't shop a lot HAHA)

    I thoought your comment for me was funny! The only asian derived fam you have is arab XD I was so curious as to what it was you were from!

    But hey! I love people representing other cultures!! You are SO ASIAN TO ME!!!! ^__^ SO.... When are you going to take vacations to Japan, Korea, China and all the other countries?! OOOOOOoOoOo you should totally go!!! and get me a keychain while you're there, pretty please!? LOL KEEEDDDDIINNGGG!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh noooo.. :P It's literally day 4 here and well i havent bought anything other than essentials yet (does buying things to bake a cake counts?) And I totally wanted to get something for myself and bf later...guess I can't really complete that challenge XD oh I didn't know you are a vegetarian so try veggie soup :D Anything soupy would be really nice i think :)
    and noodles!! :D

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lmao such a cute kitty! I think you should do a wardrobe revamp and have a crafty day ^^ that way you have new looking clothes and have resisted your cravings to buy new things :D!!!

    gd luck aswell :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL that's great logic about feb being the shortest month of the year. i could never give up shopping :( i vowed not to this month either because i had to buy stuff for the apartment but i ended up going to the mall and picking up stuff for "winter" haha
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah! I've been on frugality living for this year. Only spent when I get money as gifts or even gift cards. Haven't really spending that much except for when I send out love packs to my friends. ;3 good luck with this! it's hard but worth it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an interesting movement but it is nearly impossible for me for normal months. But I guess I *might* join, since this month I'm pretty much broke out of my heart!!

    Thanks for sharing! This is such a motivational idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A second that!
    I'm trying to not buy anything atall! I can't promise myself that.. when I see something nice and it's on sale I'm lost then.
    (love the funny cat picture haha, very remarkable)
    x~

    ReplyDelete