How do you deal with it? I know I am very prone to depression and that it can hit me hard. For example, I am depressed right now due to reasons beyond my control and it makes me feel so totally helpless and alone that I just don't know what to do. I also get Seasonal Affective Disorder, which makes it hard for me to cope during Winter. Sometimes I just don't function, I try hard, but its too much effort to do anything and I just sit in bed all day and watch TV and not eat. Today, I haven't gone to college, I can't stop crying on and off. I have to go to work later, as I need the money so I hope I can cope then. I just don't know what to do right now, when you can't even fix the reason you are depressed, then it just kills you inside. I just don't know how to cope, so I was wondering, do other people get this? How do you cope? I used to self harm, but these days I just stop eating and functioning. The only thing that makes it go away for a bit is seeing my friends, and I am seeing one of my old besties tomorrow, so I hope she can cheer me up, she knows why I am upset and she understands. I have work first thing tomorrow as well. I guess I have to do what I do when I have to see other people, and put on the fake smiling face and cope until I can get home and to my room and break down again.
I feel so bad, why does this stuff affect me so badly, is there something wrong with me? Am I just a silly over emotional girl? Do I need to grow up? I don't know, can anyone help or is it just me who feels like this?
Kitty
It's a difficult situation :( I'm the opposite, when I'm depressed, I tend to isolate myself (so in some way you're still on the healthier side :). I don't know what you're dealing with at the moment, but when I'm depressed, I'd draw to express my feelings in a way I can't share with others. For me, I realized the best remedy for depression is be productive. When I accomplish more, it makes me feel good about myself, you know? And also being busy/productive keeps myself from dwelling on all the negativity that goes on in my head. If you feel like your depression is beyond your control, I'm sure you can find professional help on campus, if you want to consider that :)
ReplyDeleteFor me the good news is depression is all in my head, I just need to be optimistic and stay away from self-doubt and other negativity. For some, it might be the chemical imbalance in your body (like not having enough dopamine or serotonin), so don't be embarrassed to go for help :) I hope you will get better soon!
PS: Thanks for the comments, I read them all :) hehe the shops you listed I've only heard of H&M XD maybe I will look for them if I ever visit UK =D
take care!
Awww sweetie!
ReplyDeleteI get struck down with depression from time to time too, it used to be really bad when I was younger but as I get older it gets better. For me, I tend to get upset and emotional for no reason and can be like this for one day or many days, it depends. I know how awful it can be...what I've found helps is finding things to do that keep you busy, I've found that alone time has the opposite effect as it makes the feeling linger... so atleast you have work and your friend to keep you busy, hopefully it goes away soon...
Lots of love
Harlow
xxx
I guess everyon can deal with it differently
ReplyDeleteBut if you feel you cant, then as a sufferer myself I suggest seeing a doctor
They dont just automatically slap you on medication, they can point you in the right direction for help :D
I feel depressed when things aren't going well- or I should say horribly. Been trying to diet forever, but never able to stick with it for weight loss, I am in school to get my Bachelors and always working on papers, Full time job with horrid pay- but no other option at this moment. I have so many things going on but still feel like it is a stand-still. Ugh! Oh yea...In a terrible relationship and feel like I cannot make worthwhile friends.
ReplyDeleteI use to feel the same and sometimes still do, mu bf keep me happy and sane. :) I use to not talk to anyone and be grumpy and mean. Then I'd cry about it cause I feel guilty. Now I just try to tell myself that theres nothing wrong with crying sometimes and I talk to the people that care and love me unconditionally (bf especially). And it makes it better. :) I hope you feel better! and I hope you can get past the depression. Hugs and kisses!
ReplyDeleteAnd I did a tag and I tagged you :) I hope that would make you somehow feel good bout yourself.
x0x0
Idda @ a!k0