Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Bank Holiday Mondays





Today, in England, it was Bank Holiday!! This means nothing to me right now as I have every day off hur hur hur!! But two of our friends were off work so we all decided to pile in a car and head off to the beach! It was lovely when we left Hull, but clouds appeared above us and the wind picked up!

The weather stayed like this until we got to Bridlington, when, as we got out of the car, the sun came out! YAY. Making our way through the town and to the beach, we stopped for some lunch of tradtional seaside foods. Fish and chips! I had gravy with mine, so nice!

Next we walked along the sea front, as the tide was in and hardly any beach was clear of water, and through a fun fair. I wish I had had more money to go on the rides! Instead we found a stretch of beach that hadn’t been consumed by the rising tide and I immediately took off my shoes, dug my feet in the sand and headed for a paddle to the sea!


After getting thoroughly soaked up to about my thighs in high waves, we decided to head along all the arcades. Naturally non of us won anything, darn arcades.

Towards the end, we decided to have a go on a pirate ship, £1 each for a 15 min ride round the bay! Was brilliant except for when we hit a massive wave and the spray exploded over the side!

I’m writing this now as my boyfriend applies sudocream to my very sunburned shoulder. Darn suncream, WHY DON’T YOU WORK ALL THE TIME

1 comment: