I am going to focus on the "and be sensible with money" bit of this resolution today!!
Every knows, that after Christmas, we might be a bit strapped for cash, or have less money than comfortable due to Christmas and *ahem* Sales. Curse you sales!! *shakes fist* I have being spending in the last week like it was the end of the world (well it WAS the end of the year!) and now I am down to my last bit of money, which I need for definite and cannot afford to spend on random things!! SO I have taken ideas from other people and decided, these are good money saving ideas, and devised my own money saving plan!!
Trimming the Stash: An idea I found on another blog (I can't remember which one now D: ) where the jist of it is, that you use up all of one thing before buying the next (ie if you have a lot of shampoos or body washes, use them all up before buying new ones!) I think this should save me some money as I am prone sometimes to buying a bunch of moisturisers and shower gels at one time!
Project 10 Pan: Yup, most of you probably have heard of this, and I will be taking part this year!! Buying make up with me is so bad, so this time, I will wait till I have used up 10 make up items before buying another (this includes nail varnish! GAH!)
Luxuries Limit: £20 a month! Might not seem like a lot to people, but when I don't actually need anything (like clothes) right now, I don't need to spend money on them!! And £20 can go quite far if you know how, charity shops are love!! Mind you, I think I will be stocking up on matching underwear sets and tights with this money in the next two months haha!
Food Limit: £20. a week Again, might not seem a lot, but I can live off £10 a week, so £20 is actually a luxury amount! This includes things like chocolate bars and my graze box!!
I also need to work out how much I can save a month and put into a savings account, just to generally save up for important things like holidays and birthdays!
What do you think of my money saving ideas? Have you got any tips I can try?
Kitty xoxox~<3
You definitly have the right idea!
ReplyDeletejust remember, it is good to occasionaly treat yourself!
Im the same way, I buy things like makeup, lotions and body wash even though I dont neeed it. I think I will do project 10 pan too!
Happy new year! :)
I just opened my savings account! ^_^ haha there's another idea, which is to give the money to your mum to keep for a year or 2. ^_^
ReplyDeletehttp://londons-boutique.blogspot.com/
Wow !
ReplyDeleteYou're really in for the budget arent you!?
I really need to start doing the same thing as well.
Anyway... What I realized was... NEVER HAVE YOUR CARD WITH YOU... Always withdraw money (only the amount of what you need). That way you are limited and you can see how much you have in cash.
I hope this helps! Let's start saving ! WOOT WOOT !
I need to SO do this! I am so bad and just spend spend spend.
ReplyDeleteI need to unsubscribe from all those company emails so they can stop tempting me with good offers. I should just disconnect myself from the internet altogether :P
Good luck!! xxx
Oh my gosh these are such great tips Kitty! I'm used to living like a princess and unfortunately for the next 12 months I'm going to be living on a super tight budget so that I can save money to go to Europe at the end of the year.
ReplyDeleteI have decided I will no longer be buying clothes (I will explain this later on my blog when I post my resolutions) so this will be a tough one!
One thing that I find useful in saving money is buying neccesities (like good shampoos, beauty products, hair dyes) in bulk if they are on super discount/sale. That way I get a great bargain and they last for ages. I always do this with my makeup because a lot of mine tends to be pretty pricey so I buy lots of it when it's on sale and keep it for when I run out. I do this with my hair dye also if I see any on cheap ones I use on super sale. That's my tip ;D
Hello love!!
ReplyDeleteYou are a silly lil one aren't you! Of course I would still want to talk to you :D Hehehe, and wow, budget. I need one too!! =___= Been spending, spending and spending..I need a full time job too!! You have some great ideas here! Need to do a budget allowance and project 10 pan o.O I don't think I can resist not buying!!! And sales...my sister gave an advice that if you don't need it don't buy it. :d Lets hope we can go thru it!
x0x0
lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com
Thanks for commenting back. I got new layout. ;D
ReplyDeleteI think you have the idea of what you have to do and I think they are really good ideas. All you need is the strength to do it all!!
ReplyDeleteWIshing you all the best Kitty!!